1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I just watched this (safe for work) 21 minute film, and am wondering what it means. Would like to hear the views of others. It’s funny, strange, but has a good lesson about love. Would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this:

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why is he asking his daughter to marry him?

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Wife, I want to kill you.
    Daughter, I want to

[Jim Morrison]

4. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

The Foreigner (Showtime).

Not your typical Jackie Chan slapstick. This is a serious terrorist thriller. Jackie thankfully is given very few lines as he never really learned to speak English. Think of an elderly Rambo (First Blood) or Eastwood (Sergio Leone). The action sequences are well done and realistic. The comeuppances are satisfying. The British actors are spot on including Pierce Brosnan as a complicated rather than a cartoonish bad guy.

Of course the IRA as a modern terrorist threat is not a credible plot device, but hey, it's not a documentary.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Watching The Hustler. What a great movie

playthrough likes this.
  6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Before I deployed this time, I wanted to catch a movie. Came down between "BlackKklansman," "Crazy Rich Asians" and "White Boy Rick." Opted for the first and was glad with the choice. Caught "Asians" not too long ago and enjoyed it. Well, we just had a showing of "White Boy" and man, I made the right choice. Little glimpses of Detroit Matthew McConnaughhay's performance were the only redeeming factors. Oh, and the little girl or boy who came knocking to deliver the baby news. That was a high point. Just a waste of time. Started checking my watch about 45 minutes in.

Also recently saw "Game Night" and although I enjoyed it, you know how you get hung up on one detail and it just aggravates you? Well, the happily-married-forever couple did it for me. So they had a spat about her cheating with a celebrity and it was a huge chink in their trusting relationship armor. But the oh, it wasn't a celebrity after and ... it's OK? Even laughable? Wait, what? So it's not cheating if it's not Denzel and just some guy from Perry, Florida? The movie was fun, but come on. That was just silly to throw in there and leave it like that.

7. swingline

A Few Good Men

Pretty shallow, one-note characters played by everyone with the slight exception of Kevin Bacon’s JAG officer. Really, a much poorer movie than I remembered it to be.

I deleted it from my TiVo queue.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Deadpool 2. Enjoyed it. Not high art or anything, but fun and funny.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Mission Impossible: Fallout. Right now.

No idea what's going on. Par for the course with these movies. There's been a dozen or so double-crosses so far.

Great stunts, though.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm only 27 years late ... Cape Fear on Netflix last night. Pretty darned good.

12. swingline

DeNiro or Mitchum?

Draft saved Draft deleted