1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wait until this girl's name shows up in a box score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Nov 29, 2018.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Just because it's always funny.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You mean like the former sports columnist for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel?

maumann likes this.
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I work for an organization that holds a lot of educational events, and I was working one this morning. This woman comes over to me to get her book. I look at her name tag and her last name is...Cumashot. It was all I could do to keep a straight face.

cyclingwriter2 and Vombatus like this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

From Hawaii?

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Wearing a pearl necklace?

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I hope her husband's name isn't Dick, Peter, or Hugh G.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

In my younger years, I never really understood why anyone would change their first or last names, except for maybe a boy named Sue.

Nowadays, I see things like what BC shared, and Little Miss Abcde, and, whew.

Guess there’s a choice between changing your name or becoming an axe murderer...

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

That’s at least as good as prominent Palm Bay/south Brevard landowner Dick Love.

maumann likes this.
  10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

My wife's sister is married to a guy who changed his last name when they got married. His former last name was a pretty common term for a male body part. When he was playing junior high football, all the other players had their last names on their jerseys. He had his first name. So he knew the grief that he got for his last name. So he added a "-son" to his name. Instead of, say, "Peter," it's now "Peterson." He didn't want to put his kids through what he had gone through.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Having seen this thread for a couple weeks, i got to say "Absidy" is not the worst name I've ever heard.
    Her spelling of the name is still atrocious.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Don't know what the problem could have been. Andy Dick seems to have led a perfectly fine life.

Draft saved Draft deleted