1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Me, too'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

A1AE575D-1B4F-4BF7-AA61-A7801731CB89.jpeg The Is this a dB?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The Nassar case is as close to a "slam dunk"—that's a terrible phrase here, but you know what I mean—as these sorts of cases can get. Just the purest form of predator.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't often wish the worst upon another individual, but Mr. Nassar is a "special" kind of individual.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Video recalls when Antioch College was mocked for its affirmative consent policy in the '90s.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She's 22 and looks to me like she's had face-altering surgery. I feel very bad for this young woman.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Good Christ. I didn’t believe you, then watched the video.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Butshe she
    I hear all the valid reasons for not coming forward: fear of making their abuse public, fear of their abusers, fear that no one will listen or believe them. I get it. I also don't doubt when she said it happened "hundreds" of times. But I hope one result of the #MeToo era is that girls or women won't wait until it gets into the hundreds before they come forward. After the first 10 or 20 or 50 times, couldn't any of them asked themselves,"if I report this pig, will that also make it stop for other victims? For future victims?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted