1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Pearlman finds Sports by Brooks, scraps article

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kayaugstin Kott, Jun 30, 2016.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Stop looking at my chest.

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Button your damn shirt then.

SnarkShark likes this.
  3. typefitter

No jokes for you, creep. Shoo.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He can’t show off his gold chains and medallion if he does that.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Brooks is a tweeting machine all of a sudden.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  9. typefitter

Agreed. He does not seem well. I hope he has people who love him around him.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, he did, though. Pearlman touted a story, then ominously - and publicly - suggested it should not be for public consumption. And then he went on to suggest the guy had mental illness issues.

11. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Pearlman made a vague comment on one radio interview. I see a major distinction between that and publishing a piece that goes into detail on the subject's behavior.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, he wrote it on Twitter. Said he'd found the guy, then said he wasn't going to publish it, then published the lede of the story on Twitter, then took it down because he realized it was wrong, etc.

It was the equivalent "there's something wrong with that guy on the corner, and I know - not that I'm going to tell you about it, because it's bad, but I know."

But it's a very fair look into the world of a wildly successful and talented feature journalist - Jeff is both of those things - and the kinds of, well, imperfections those people can have.

clintrichardson likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted