1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2018 championship week thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

All times Eastern and all point spreads from Vegas Insider:

Friday

MAC championship at Detroit: Northern Illinois (+4) vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m., ESPN2

Pac-12 championship at Santa Clara, Calif.: Utah (+4.5) vs. Washington, 8 p.m., Fox

Saturday

Big 12 championship at Arlington, Texas: Texas (+7.5) vs. Oklahoma, noon, ABC

Sun Belt championship: Louisiana-Lafayette (+17.5) at Appalachian State, noon, ESPN

Stanford (+24) at California, noon, Pac-12 Network

Conference USA championship: UAB (+2.5) at Middle Tennessee State, 1:30 p.m., CBS Sports Network

AAC championship: Memphis (+3.5) at Central Florida, 3:30 p.m., ABC

SEC championship at Atlanta: Georgia (+13.5) vs. Alabama, 4 p.m., CBS

Mountain West championship: Fresno State (+2.5) at Boise State, 7:45 p.m., ESPN

ACC championship at Charlotte: Pittsburgh (+25.5) vs. Clemson, 8 p.m., ABC

Big Ten championship at Indianapolis: Northwestern (+14) vs. Ohio State, 8 p.m., Fox

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to the detailed preview coming our way about the UAB-Middle High game.

I keed, @Neutral Corner.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, the storyline for the week will be whether Oklahoma or Ohio State is more likely to score the more impressive win in their quest for playoff spot number four. I wonder about Ohio St. Northwestern is a kludgy team that manages to bring out the kludge in its opponents more often than not.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seriously? Stanford getting 24 points vs. Cal?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You missed that huge Marshall at Virginia Tech nooner for the Hokies' right to go to Annapolis or wherever.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I saw that, too, and wondered if Stanford had suspended half its team or something. Stanford has struggled the second half of the season, but no way in hell that game is a blowout. Cal's not four touchdowns better than them.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There are a couple of other rescheduled games on the docket as well. Insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but possibly a chance to make money for those of us so inclined.

Iowa State (-42) vs. Drake
    South Carolina (-29) vs. Akron

I'm not sure what to make of that South Carolina-Akron game. Neither team has anything to play for. South Carolina is already bowl-eligible and Akron is 4-7 and can't get there, so you wonder what kind of effort level you're going to get. And then Akron has lost four in a row down the stretch, but early in the year won at Northwestern and gave Iowa State a game. At first glance I like Akron -- that's just a lot of points to lay with a pretty mediocre South Carolina team -- but I can just as easily see Akron mailing it in and losing 45-10.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Hoping for anarchy where Oklahoma, Georgia and Ohio State lose thus opening the door for UCF to gain entry.

Wouldn’t mind seeing a world where clemson and Alabama lose on Saturday just to see if the tigers would then get bumped.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

FTFY.

Batman likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'll be loaded on Bojangle's (proud sponsor of ACC football) and beer in section 133 of Bank of Murrica Stadium Saturday night, knowing damn well Clemson wants revenge for the 2016 game.

Tiger Rag by 27.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A conference title game isn't bigger than Michigan, so it's a letdown spot for OSU.

Draft saved Draft deleted