1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Levert might be back this season. No surgery needed.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize the NBA doesn't "really"begin until Christmas - the first two months are pretty much a shake-down cruise - but damn I'm already sick of the Durant story line.

3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Surprised this hasn't been discussed here yet. Thoughts on KD versus Draymond?

https://deadspin.com/report-draymond-greens-suspension-came-after-he-told-k-1830483360

I find it amusing that, according to reports, Draymond told Durant the other night, "We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave."

Lee Jenkins once wrote that Draymond recruited KD to the Warriors for months, but the text that sealed the deal was this: “We need you. Make it happen.”

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As they say on PTI, it went from no deal, to big deal, and now down to little deal. They are friends and they seem to have made up. But the key is what happens down the line...the only free agency story that matters to the bored media this season is "what will KD do?" It that BECOMES A DISTRACTION then it could lead to problems in the locker room for the dubs (hi, dick!). BTW, why are things always BECOMING A DISTRACTION!!!!" among men who make millions playing a child's game?

Tweener likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Much like last season was all about "Where will LBJ play next year?"
    And, agreed,the Green-Durant thing seems to be dying down, unless you read Warrior fanboi Twitter, where they are convinced the world is coming to an end. Uh, it's November?

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

No kidding. Durant being a dick about it makes it even worse.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

John Wall could be the difference for a few teams looking to push for a title.

Beal... I’ve never liked him.

Love Wall.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Do you like him at $41m a year, plus 15 percent, into his 30s though?

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Are we at the point yet where we can name Markelle Fultz as the biggest No. 1 draft pick bust in all of sports history?

I mean, was Jamarcus Russell or Kwame Brown chosen by franchises who tanked for 2, 3, 4 straight years just to get them?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Others may have more entertaining off-field stories, like Jamarcus and sizzurp.

But nobody has looked as silly on court.

Anthony Bennett was bad but just did not get the attention.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That's a little misleading -- they tanked those years to get Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Fultz.

Now, having said that... remember that they absolutely had to have Fultz so they traded up with the Celtics. Philly took Fultz and the Celtics settled for Jason Tatum.

He's a disaster but no, he's not the worst in sports. He's not even the worst in the NBA in the past five years. Look up Anthony Bennett's numbers. Fultz is an absolute dumpster fire who may never regain the ability to shoot a basketball and he's still better than Anthony Bennett.

Draft saved Draft deleted