1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The time jump was said to be six years based on Judith but that kid with Michonne seemed youger than six?

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Note to self: Do not fuck with Carol.

spikechiquet likes this.
  3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yeah, and it seem like baby talk when he spoke. Then again I use the closed caption quite a bit for this show. There are many times when I can't understand what is being said.

I am very interested in all the new stuff. Same with Fear. I will never get over the really dumbstuff they do but oh well.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They were trying to get her pregnant right before he died, so he would be closer to five, but I do see the point that he sounded a bit young to be Rick's. That said, I'm still assuming that is the case for now.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing how they develop the Whisperers.

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Two more episodes and I'm out. Only hanging in for these because I'm a completist, seasons-wise.
    If we're going to have talker-walkers, that's too ridiculous to endure.
    Frankly, this series has been on bothered time with me since it killed off Michael Rooker's and Scott Wilson's characters.

7. outofplace

I certainly understand why many people are fed up with the series. As I told Spartan earlier, regarding the "talking walkers," just be patient and it will make sense. There are certainly good reasons to drop the show, but that isn't one of them. This was always supposed to be the thread that didn't contain spoilers from the comics, so I will write no more on the topic.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

*Bothered Time* would be a great song title.

Joe Williams likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

OK, the whisperers make sense. It actually hit me what was going on early in the episode because I remembered something from Max Brooks' World War Z when people went into shell shock and started acting like zombies. Obviously it isn't going to be exactly the same thing, but I do withdraw my declarations of shenanigans.

Overall, a good episode except for the stuff with Henry. That just felt like filler but I suppose they're going somewhere with it.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I was, to my surprise, compelled by the mid-season finale. It’ll never be what it was, but that was entertaining. Who am I to ask for more than that?

11. outofplace

I agree that the stuff with Henry isn't very good, but I like how they introduced the Whisperers.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My wife is sooo pissed they killed Jesus. Like more mad than Rick leaving the show.

But I read in some interview with Angela Kang that Jesus and Maggie will be in a different TWD show in the future where it shows Hilltop before the time jump.

Draft saved Draft deleted