1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Catching up with Adam Sandler ...

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Davidson segment on Weekend Update just seemed lazy more than anything. The Girl from Law and Order bit was more dead-on. Also loved the Divided We Stand theater thing and the America's Got Talent bit. It has to be about an all-time low for "live" sketches over the pre-taped stuff in terms of numbers.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

The writing has just been "meh" for the last few seasons. The acting, on the other hand, has improved.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Having Dan Crenshaw on with Pete Davidson was very well done. Davidson's joke about Crenshaw last week was really poor and over the line. The segment with both of them on Weekend Update was great.

lakefront and nietsroob17 like this.
  5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Agreed. And nice gesture about Pete's dad.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Pete Davidson could be the most awkward teleprompter reader in the history of the show.

The ringtone was funny and would have been funnier if they didn't explain it.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hey, Siri, what’s the story of Pete Davidson’s dad?

9. RARist

RARist Member

He was a NYC fire fighter who died on Sept. 11

TigerVols likes this.
  10. AD

AD Active Member

ends just about any discussion, doesn't it?

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I haven't read anything about the segment but Pete seemed surprised when his dad was mentioned. Was that just a choice that Crenshaw made on the spot? If so, that was extra cool. I assume that I would disagree with most of Crenshaw's politics but I enjoyed seeing that segment immensely given today's climate.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I didn't know much about Crenshaw before this week, but have been reading about him and have been impressed. Maybe there's hope for the GOP yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted