1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

LOL. No need to get mad when the answer to your question, if it was sincere, was a couple responses before yours.

Liut likes this.
  2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was sincere. I guess I didn't realize what they were talking about. I apologize.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Cool, I'll look for your thoughts on it.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I saw Amityville Horror II: The Possession with Burt Young and the girl who played the French exchange student in Better Off Dead. Laughably bad. Just terrible.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Ah. But she has her own self-published book. Diane Franklin: The Excellent Adventures of the Last American, French-Exchange Babe of the 80s.

From an Amazon customer review:
    There's more but I, for one, already know what I want for Christmas.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody. Good not great. They did the music wonderfully and Rami Malek does a convincing job as Freddy. I kind of wished Sasha Baron Cohen had stayed in the role as Malek seemed robotic at times.

jlee likes this.
  8. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Good point @Spartan Squad. It’s good, but a documentary would have had the same impact for me. The first half reminded me of a Marvel origin story (“Oooh, so that’s how he starts singing with half the mic stand”), but it improves once Freddie is allowed to be shown as flawed.

You won’t find a better recreation of Queen’s performances. The Live Aid scene is just a wonderful spot-on remake. But, the thing is, I can watch Queen actually perform at Live Aid on YouTube right now. It was an impressive amount of effort for something that wasn’t really needed.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Deadpool. Who knew Reynolds was funny? Not this guy.

Now I need to see No. 2.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Welcome to the party. Reynolds playing Deadpool has to be in the discussion for most perfect casting for a comic book movie character ever. He's right up there with Robert Downey, Jr. as Iron Man and Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier.

(Yeah, I know Hugh Jackman is damn near irreplaceable as Wolverine, but he is still too damn tall, so I put him behind those other guys.)

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Mid90’s

Thought I was going to see another coming of age film, a continuation of Breakfast Club- Dazed and Confused- American Pie - Ladybird with some skater stuff mixed in——yeah NOT.

Some tender moments, some poignant ones, then some things (especially as a parent) just don’t want to ever see.

Not an uplifting movie.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Bohemian Rhapsody

Tend to agree with the overall critical response that the story wasn't really fleshed out that much, but Malek's performance was pretty great. As someone who knows Queen's history, I was a bit thrown off by the historical inaccuracies and holes in the timeline.

However, I couldn't not like it. The actors were all pretty good, and I never had to go too long without a musical performance, which sounded great on the theater sound system.

Draft saved Draft deleted