1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm still deciding if I like that ending. Now that I'm hearing where they are going with this, it is interesting to see AMC double down on Walking Dead even with the ratings decline.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Hell, I'm a glutton for punishment. I am excited for an expanded universe.

3. outofplace

I'm sure I'll give at least some of it a try. I'm still not sure if I hate what they did or I actually thought it was a satisfying way to end Rick's story on the show.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That really should have been a series finale. The final shot should have been Judith saving the group and then over.

The Walkers starting to talk? C'mon.

5. outofplace

That bit will make sense. Things are not what they seem.

6. outofplace

'Walking Dead' Just Wrapped Lauren Cohan's Story, Too (for Now)

I missed this until this morning. Sunday was also Lauren Cohan's final episode on The Walking Dead, though they are leaving the door open for her to return for Season 10. They will explain Maggie's absence in the next episode.

They made it public that she was leaving a long time ago, but that's still quite a shitty exit. Almost as bad as having Sasha show up in Rick's visions rather than Glenn.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

They could have killed Maggie off in the time jump -- now that would really suck! I was curious about why Sasha was the one who spoke up. Maybe due to availability of actors. Last I saw Steven Yeun had been working overseas.

8. outofplace

I completely forgot there was an episode tonight until a few minutes after 9. Last week just felt like such a natural point for a mid-season finale.

9. spikechiquet

Well the time jump most likely killed anyone's thoughts that Fear and the original show would crossover at some point.

So Judith is 10 now, according to what the actors have said in interviews, which means these people have been living post-apocalypse for 10-plus years now.

I wonder if they will explain Maggie's absence as a "gone fishing" sort of deal with Oceanside. Maybe they got a boat rigged up and she volunteered to go on a East Coast tour?

10. spikechiquet

Was odd to give us three more episodes after Rick, but it also helps kick-start a new arc and give just enough to have people talk about the show and not Andrew Lincoln being gone. If they had it end there and not come back until January, people may have not come back and just called it a good ending. Ratings are already going down, that may have killed it. At least this way, it keeps the show fresh to people and not hovers on Rick being gone.

11. outofplace

That is a fair point, though it also made sense to open the episode with Michonne talking to Rick. Even with the time jump, clearly his absence still haunts her.

12. spikechiquet

But, hey... at least Rick finally got to have a kid post apocalypse with someone! LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted