1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Morrissey is playing Halloween night within walking distance from my home. It’s the first gig of his North American tour. Should I go?

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He's probably posting the same question somewhere. I've had tickets to see him four times. Saw him once. He canceled the other three.

Between that and the fact that he's now a raging anti-immigrant douchebag, I'm kinda off the Morrissey bandwagon.

Hermes and Huggy like this.
  3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yours truly got free tickets - in a suite - to see Fleetwood Mac in Toronto next Monday. I am meh on this, Mrs. Huggy, however, is completely pumped.

PCLoadLetter and HC like this.
  4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Johnny Marr videos on YouTube are a good alternative.

5. PCLoadLetter

I just saw Johnny Marr a few weeks ago and he was absolutely great.

6. PCLoadLetter

I'm a massive Neil Finn fan. Seen him live repeatedly, in Crowded House and solo. Now he's in Fleetwood Mac, and they're doing "I Got You" and "Don't Dream It's Over" as part of their set... and it just seems so weird. I don't particularly care about Fleetwood Mac, and touring without Lindsey Buckingham just seems kind of absurd.

Huggy likes this.
  7. PCLoadLetter

Also, a side note to that -- I was kind of bummed that Neil is going to be spending the foreseeable future doing Fleetwood Mac stuff, and then I remembered how bad his last few albums have been and it took the sting away.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

As you know, I am also a huge Neil Finn fan, saw him with CH, solo AND with Split Enz. I said to Mrs. Huggy today that I would be far more interested in this if Lindsay Buckingham was there (who's going to sing my fave Mac song, "Second Hand News"?) and failing that, if they did "I Got You". I agree, it does seem weird but I might pay more attention now, for the curiosity factor if nothing else.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I could listen to this everyday.

I found this and Johnny Marr is also great on it.

10. PCLoadLetter

I knew the "and Split Enz" part was coming!

(By the way, they're doing "Second Hand News" and I think Neil is singing it.)

Huggy likes this.
  11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Neil singing "Second Hand News"? Hmmm, that might get me away from the bar.

I will submit there is a better chance of me seeing The Gaslight Anthem than you seeing Split Enz, but you never know.

Fred siegle and PCLoadLetter like this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The venue is right behind my office; they are doing rehearsals today...he's playing a "biggish" show on the weekend (as he would say) at a festival in LB, so I think the odds of him showing up are pretty strong.

But, I hadn't heard about the racism stuff...so after reading this, I know I'll be staying home:

Morrissey denounces halal meat as 'evil', and attacks May, Khan, Abbott and more

Draft saved Draft deleted