1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018-19 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 4, 2018.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Stubby's walk up music when he played for the Richmond Braves was Make it Clap by Busta Rhymes. That's all I got.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

First major free agent signing is in the books:

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Bullpen is a big need. So is the rotation. Should be lots of money coming off the books with Harper gone!

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Guy who didn't pitch last year to make $7 mil. LOL

Indians can say bye-bye to Andrew Miller, Cody Allen, and any hopes of signing a bullpen guy anyone has heard of.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ausmus will be off to a massively better start than he had with the Tigers, if for no other reason his coaching staff won't be packed with snoozing old flunkies of Jim Leyland.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, back at the parade, a fan beaned Alex Cora with a full beer can and the World Series trophy got broken. The local news I was listening to while making dinner cited these facts then said, "but it was a festive atmosphere all the same." Cue the drama critic writing "All things considered, a splendid production of "Our American Cousin."

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Damage to that trophy happens quite a bit, I believe. I remember the Angels broke off a couple pieces when they were parading it around the field in 2002. It's not designed for durability, with all those mini-flagpoles, and you can't just grab it and raise it up like they do with the Stanley Cup or Lombardi Trophy. I wish they'd create another, better-looking trophy.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just breaking:

Probably deserves its own thread, but RIP Willie McCovey.

Draft saved Draft deleted