1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"I think I own a lot of real estate in his head," Embiid told reporters

I had no idea Joel Embiid was a Steelers fan.

Stoney likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That flop by Embiid and then calling for Drummond to be ejected was terrible.

Stoney and Hermes like this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I see that moment where I find him going from charming to annoying right over the horizon.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I love Embiid but I totally get this.

For me, a lot of it depends on whether he's going to put in the work. His act is cool as long as he's a great player. He's not there yet and he has a hole in his game that the Celtics exploit like crazy and neutralize him. He'd better work on that.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's what surprised me. Just seems like the number of attempts should be higher.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So this is happening.

7. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Didn't play the fourth quarter. I know they were up big but when a guy's that hot I think you should let him let it fly

9. HanSenSE

And risk injury? Nope. Kerr and the Warriors know there's bigger prizes than a win in October in play.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is standard operating procedure for Kerr. IIRC this is a practice he got from Pop. It (as HanSen said) reduces injury risk and it's meant to save legs for the playoffs. Also the warriors have some new players they want to get on the floor

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

DeMarcus Cousins thrown out of Warriors-Knicks game at MSG ... while on the bench in street clothes.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Now that's effort!mann
    PS: A million years ago at the Phoenix I went on a road trip with the Bay State Bombradiers of the Eastern League. Due to their desperate need of the franchise for the pub, I was allowed to sit on the bench. In a game against the Albany Patroon, head coach Phil Jackson, Bay State coach Johnny Neumann, who I was sure but couldn't prove had been snorting coke before the game, and maybe during, got s bit wound up about a call and said some bad words. This was problematic since Neumann already had had so many Ts the owner had said he'd be fired for the next one. So Neumann looked over at the refs, pointed at me and said "HE SAID IT!"
    That's how I got ejected from an Eastern League game. At the postgame meal, at Burger King, Neumann came out of the rest room with a bloody nose. The players and I just shrugged and went back to our burgers.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted