1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I didn't realize he/she was in that

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 26, 2012.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Cool video. Her dad was Mickey Hargitay, former Mr. Universe. The video was shot in Mariska's (and my) hometown of Santa Monica, and also shows her driving up PCH in Malibu.
    One of the others in the video, short-ish blonde hair, kinda looked like Melanie Griffith, but I won't swear to that.

3. DanOregon

I also meant to add, always been a big fan of Milsap. Smokey Mountain Rain, Still Losing You, Stranger in My House (the latter two written by former NFL all-pro Mike Reid.)

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

After reading an article about how well The Fugitive stands up after 25 years—it really does—I thought it was fun to see Julianne Moore in one of her small early roles as the suspicious ER doc.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'm late on this one: Pedro Cerrano, a/k/a Dennis Haysbert, is the "You're in good hands" Allstate insurance guy.

Guess they were impressed with his work in the American Express ad.

6. DanOregon

Uh - yeah. Also played the President on the first few seasons of 24,

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Jean-Claude Van Damme was an extra in Breakin’

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I flipped by part of The Mighty Ducks tonight and noticed that Elden Henson, who plays Foggy Nelson on Daredevil and some of the other Netflix Marvel series, was in the movie as Fulton Reed, the big kid with the unstoppable but unpredictable slap shot.

He has changed his name since the Mighty Ducks days, when he was known as Elden Ratliff.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

He was also in Mockingjay.

My "hold it... WHAT" moment was finding out that the other bash brother, Dean Portman, is played by Aaron Lohr, who was the singing voice for Max Goof in A Goofy Movie, was in the Rent movie and is married to Idina Menzel.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I didn't know anything about Lohr. I did know that Henson was in one or two of the Hunger Games movies.

Wenders likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Watching "American Graffiti" today. Character of Vic (Candy Clark's boyfriend) at the drive in, when she's with Toad, looked familiar. It's Joe Spano, most recently the Tobias character on NCIS.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That annoying little twit who does the Verizon commercial is the same as the guy who got his goldfish eaten in Wolf of Wall Street.

Draft saved Draft deleted