1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Charles got one more than I would have.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"I always kind of compare it to like instant oatmeal. It is not that fast. It takes a while to get to where you can close your eyes and know exactly where your guys are."

I've never been more confused by a quote. Is LeBron saying he thinks instant oatmeal takes a long time? Or did he just randomly put instant oatmeal into that sentence and say this is nothing like that?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Eh, here's the full quote:
    "Um, not as fast as you guys think it's going to happen," James said when asked how long it will take for the Lakers' chemistry to develop. "I always kind of compare it to like instant oatmeal. It is not that fast. It takes a while to get to where you can close your eyes and know exactly where your guys are."

He is comparing it to instant oatmeal and says it isn't as fast as instant oatmeal.

Hermes likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

For the first time in four years, I can criticize him. Leave me be.

poindexter likes this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I just realized that Chuck's expression looks like he's trying to figure out the answer from the scrolling logos like he's counting cards at the tables. They kind of rushed the segment this year (I suspect they had to because the Blazers-Lakers game didn't end until about quarter after the hour), but Chuck managing to get the same one wrong twice was a nice new wrinkle.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

LeBron works and thinks on so many levels that you must take what he says literally, metaphysically and metaphorically. He’s playing 3D chess on multiple planes of existence and you can only hope to play Chutes and Ladders

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I got one (Galloway) because I casually follow the Pistons and he was tweeted about during their season opener on Wednesday.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Leonard is really good. Raptors beat Celtics, 80 wins away from 82-0

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Couple of great games tonight. Raptors are really good. Warriors-Utah was terrific.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Warriors gave up 47 points in the second quarter on the road, and won.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's a running gag or just Charles being Charles, but I lost it when he blurted out Charlotte Bobcats.

Stoney likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He’s looked like he belongs on that team from day one.

Draft saved Draft deleted