1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school sports stringers needed in Indy

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by mmowery23, Aug 27, 2018.

1. mmowery23

mmowery23 New Member

Since 2002, State Champs Network has been a growing force in the coverage of high school sports in Michigan, primarily through its highlight shows and TV programming on Fox Sports Detroit. Now expanded (just this fall) into the Indianapolis market — with a corresponding show on Fox Sports Midwest — State Champs is looking for stringers to cover games/write features for our web site in the Indianapolis area, starting immediately, and throughout the high school year.

Pay is reasonable ($25 and up for gamers, $125 for features/rankings/projects). Anyone interested should email myself (Matt Mowery, a 25-year newspaper veteran, last at The Oakland Press) with resume/clips/relevant experience at mmowery@statechampsnetwork.com.

2. mmowery23

mmowery23 New Member

We're still looking, and (at my request) have bumped game coverage up to $50 (unless you're brand-new). We are particularly interested in finding someone with some insight to cover Indiana basketball (boys and girls) this winter. Contact Matthew B. Mowery at mmowery@statechampsnetwork.com or matthewbmowery@gmail.com

3. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

$125 and up -- Yay!

$25 and up -- Boo.

4. mmowery23

mmowery23 New Member

Yeah, I know Dan. I'm doing my best to ratchet up the pay.

5. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted