1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's the Hawks. That's what they do. The trade seems incredibly dumb to me, too.

There are a lot of dopes running professional sports franchises.

TigerVols likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Maybe the Suns won't be awful.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Collin Sexton would've made a great Globetrotter. You know, the guy who deftly dribbles all around the court who they never let shoot the ball.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The new GM was from Ws, can’t believe Schleck would be that dumb; Jerry Jones move?

5. PCLoadLetter

According to ESPN today, the owners wanted Doncic and the front office wanted Jaren Jackson Jr... so they compromised and made the deal for Trae Young.

I'm struggling with the logic there.

6. PCLoadLetter

At least it's definitely progress. Ayton can play. Ariza looks like a very good addition. I like what Kokoskov is doing.

At this point I'm wondering if they just make Booker the point guard.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Between watching Harden and then Booker some, that was some retro 70's D, like the Spurs v. Nuggets from '78.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Which announcer is a poster here?

9. PCLoadLetter

Dave Pasch or Mark Jackson, speak up!

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If John Wall was half as good as he thinks he is, he’d be the NBA logo

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Sounding the alarm for those of you who are still up or who are scanning YouTube in the morning:

"Who He Play For?" is confirmed to be taking place on Inside the NBA tonight.

For the uninitiated, "Who He Play For?" is an annual segment during the first week of the NBA season in which Charles Barkley is quizzed on the current locations of NBA journeymen. They've been doing this since the early 2000s and he's never gotten more than 2/5 right, normally displaying this delightful open-mouthed stare that is a kaleidoscope of emotions: confusion, embarrassment, trying to remember the actual answer, trying to recall enough info to make an educated guess and on into infinity.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    sgreenwell and TigerVols like this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted