1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018-19 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Circus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If I could get Davis for him I wouldn't think twice.

Tatum will be a damn good player. If everything comes together perfectly he may be almost as good as Davis.

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Coming out, the comp made sense, but his shot is not back yet, at least not from 3. He only hit one three-pointer during the pre-season, and only took 5 (and 0 in 2 of the 4 games).

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That’s four more than he took all of last season. I vote that we wait until he plays in games that count before making any further judgments.

He’s in the starting 5. We should find out pretty quick how far he’s come.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You put unicorns in the Zoo, you dont put in squirrels.
    Yes Carmelo and Dwight have the requisite resumes to get into the HOF. I just feel that whenever their primes were, if you were to draft rosters after every season, neither would have been taken with the 1st 20 picks.
    I’m old, I remember centers with affection, like Nate Thurmond, Bob Lanier, Artis Gilmore, Wes Unseld, Dave Cowens, Bob MacAdoo.

5. PCLoadLetter

There was a period when Howard would have been top 5 every year easily. Maybe top 3.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Once again, you are clueless.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This is staggeringly stupid. Both had seasons where they finished in the top 3 in the MVP voting, yet you don't think they were ever amongst the top 2o?

Frickin imbecile.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    JC likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The second coming of James Harden played three (3) second-half minutes last night. :(

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure out who Tatum reminds me of, and I think I have it...a modern Tracy McGrady. Of course, he's already got more playoff series wins.

The Jaylen Brown poster layup on Embiid was awesome.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I really hope Boogie gets on the floor soon so the Warriors can salvage their season, as the Thunder outscored them 32-26 in the 3rd quarter.

11. PCLoadLetter

Is it too much to ask of the ESPN announcers to learn to pronounce the name of the Suns' starting point guard? Unless he changed it in the off-season, Isaiah Canaan's name is pronounced "cannon," not "CAY-nun."

EDIT: Fuck me. Not two minutes after I posted that, they explained on-air that he changed the pronunciation in the off-season. Go figure.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Only saw Doncic for a bit but at first glance I have to say to Hawks “WTF?” how do you think Young is even comparable? Doncic is composed and has NBA size, Young? Not so sure

Draft saved Draft deleted