1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I really like the tension they're setting up with the different factions asking what's in it for them. Negan is messing with Rick's head at the end was good.

I really want to know what is up with the aircraft. Are they about to 28 Days Later us and this is a North America problem?

Lastly, I'm binging Shameless so watching Jody is really funny

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Maybe it was super-low expectations, but I think the first couple of episodes have been good. It's not must-watch anymore. But it's not bad, either.

Don't watch it same-day any longer, as we cut the cord and don't get it until the next day. But no more worries about spoilers. The ratings are waaaay down. Wonder if it'll creep back up with the last Andy Lincoln ep gets closer.

‘Walking Dead’ Hits New Series Ratings Low

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

The themes on TWD now about the future and getting along and who's running which community have become as tedious IMO as Morgan's individual moral imperatives about saving people and not fighting on FTWD. Shut the bleep up already. Rick yammers on and on and then he gets peeved when Negan mentions Carl. Hell, you had multiple chances to kill Negan but didn't, so of course he's going to mock you now.

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Part of the trouble is that explosions and gunfire and general violence are hardwired into the show now. If it's going to go the World War Z [the book] route of how to rebuild civilization after zombie apocalypse, it needs at least a change of tone. And some characters that are - as skilled at acting as a lot of the cast are now - more than cartoons.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I really, really like Fear TWD and this year I am liking TWD again.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That last scene is going to be one more fake-out, isn't it? It looks like he has no way out and next episode is his last, but it'll be another Glenn and the trash bin thing.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I don't know OOP. He got speared real bad.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Guessing Rick doesn’t die the way it’s set up right now. And that’s a tired move for this show.

I’ll speculate that his “death” might even be open ended. We won’t know for sure.

We bought this season on iTunes. I’ll finish it out. Can’t see sticking with it after this. Just don’t really care. One of many shows that should have done a tight 5-6 seasons and ended.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That would be a real let down of that is how he died. He's the main character and he dies lying on a piece of rebar sheet getting bucked from a horse? In real life, sure, but as a football goodbye to a major character? Then again, Coral got magically bit...

Overall a decent episode. Negan continues to manipulate and shit is finally going down between the factions. I also like that Rick's lack of leadership got him killed. His right-hand people going behind his back but he's going to save them by doing something needlessly dangerous.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. He took a stupid risk that wasn't necessary. That would be a fitting end.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Either while dying on the rebar he dreams he gets off it and visits/flashbacks to all the different times/places he has been and the end is him being eaten.

or

He actually is saved somehow early in the show, has visions of his past and his mistakes and somehow leaves the show open ended.

or

He wakes up from his coma and realizes everything is alright. Lori is there. Toto is with him, and Hank and Auntie Em and Uncle Henry as well.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted