1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post a Song you are listening to now...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Some people might think three guitars is too many guitars. Those people would be wrong.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There are a lot of one-hit wonders out there that you get...songs that hit a sweetspot of time and place. This song surprised me because the composition is so strong - really surprised you didn't hear much else from the guy.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

5. Garner

Garner Member

Happy Friday everybody, we made it! Throw some headphones on and enjoy a soothing 4:20 ride.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Isbell's entire live album at the Ryman is amazing. I've had it on repeat all morning.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The AP review was dismissive that it was too faithful to the original recordings and the audience's "Woo's!" got annoying (I agree with that part, but what are you gonna do about that?), but I've enjoyed it so far. Did a good job mixing it. The bass really shines through better on this than on the originally recordings. I think "Flagship" is so much more intimate in this recording than in the original, too.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm a jam band guy and I'd like to see Isbell stretch it out a bit too. But complaining about crowd noise in a live album? That smack of the music critic version of "get off my lawn!"

Fred siegle and Hermes like this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Jose Feliciano plays Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze" – live in Chile, 1985 ...

10. ADanielPandR

ADanielPandR Member

"Surrender," since I'm working on a story about a student-athlete whose high school is most famous for producing three of Cheap Trick's founding members.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I love love love Knopler. It really sucked that he couldn't put his feelings about the RRHOF aside for a night when Dire Straits got in

Draft saved Draft deleted