1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ESPN Cancels Barstool Show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 23, 2017.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you do talk radio or video with idiots...you end up trying to please your hosts and getting yourself in trouble. In Boston a few years ago, Ted Johnson got himself in big trouble when the hosts were trashing Vince Wilfork's wife and Ted played along to be one of the guys - don't think he woke up that morning planning to insult sometime. In the Rhode Island gubernatorial race in 2010, in which Obama endorsed Linc Chafee (running as an indie), the Democratic candidate let himself be baited by a righty host into saying "Obama can take his endorsement and shove it." Made national news, and the Dem's polling cratered.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Johnson said that in Houston and he was a regular on that show.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Portnoy is channeling Dinesh D'Souza with that “'How about you debate me you f–king coward,' Portnoy continued."

Birds of a moronic feather and all that.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Debate me" is the new "I know you are but what am I?"

Hermes and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Until Jemelle Hill and Sally Jenkins tell me what to think about Kobe and #metoo and #IBeleiveHer I will with hold judgment

But I won’t be holding my breath for either. It’s not a low hanging fruit story.

9. Just the facts ma am

That was a fun thread back in the day when I (different handle) was the one, if not the only poster to point out that the prosecution never had a case; Kobe would never have been charged if he wasn't a black celebrity; Eagle, Co was a hotbed of racism against black people; the prosecutor used the victim won't testify excuse to cover his ass; Ben Roethlisberger, etc.

LOL at Kobe, the nerdiest guy on the planet being a rapist.

But back on topic did you know that Dave Portnoy hired a Zimbabwean dwarf not as a Howard Stern type sideshow but because he was a talented, intelligent, funny blogger.

Barstool Sports

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Holy fuck.

11. Just the facts ma am

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's not the crazy part.

Draft saved Draft deleted