1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Love it. I think Bball is set up for one day games, football and hoops not so much.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yelich with a chance to take over Triple Crown lead -- up with runners on the corners, no out in the eighth. Brewers up 2-1.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

All these Brewers fans yelling and screaming in Wrigley.........it's just weird.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

It can’t happen anymore but on the first day of the offseason in 1985, the Tigers traded Juan Berenguer, Bob Melvin and Scott Medvin to the Giants for Dave LaPoint, Matt Nokes and Eric King

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, Kavanaugh would have asked Klobuchar if she ever struck out with 2 men on in the 6th inning of Game 163.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Who you got in Cubs vs. Dodgers/Rockies?

On one hand, it had to be pretty hard to swallow the loss to the Brewers. On the other, Cubs have Lester going tomorrow.

I see the Dodgers/Rockies smacking Lester around and the Cubs making an early, ignominious exit. Or perhaps that's wishful thinking from a Cardinals fan.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cubs will smash the Rockies.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Orioles’ Pythagorean W-L 55-107 and they were 8 games worse than that. Truly a terrible team. Relegate them to the IL

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I tend to think so as well.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's not like the Twins are a talent-packed organization that's going to attract some hot young manager -- they're still 3-4 years away from even remote contention. So most likely they'll get some old retread or caretaker to suck up those 3-4 years of losses before they're ready to get a leg over .500 again. Molitor certainly could have done that.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Here.
    Ned Yost to manage Royals in 2019
    I will trade you Ned Yost for a Juicy Lucy and a bucket of baseballs. Hell, we'll even send the bucket back to you.
    From the link......."Yost had indicated all season his desire to return for at least another season, and at times hinted he may want to even go two more seasons."
    Fuck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.