1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jeff Pearlman finds Sports by Brooks, scraps article

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kayaugstin Kott, Jun 30, 2016.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember SportsByBrooks being a website. Why were his disappearance and Pearlman's attempt to write about it important? Why did Pearlman not publish it?

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Brooks tweets today for the first time in almost 5 years. Is he announcing a comeback?

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

In like 2008 or 2009, he recruited a then nascent sports blogger (me) and offered him $10 per post. My wife (now ex) said, “wow, hitting the big leagues...”

Fuck you, ex. Welcome back, Brooks (hopefully).

OscarMadison and fuscribe like this.
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm going to sound like a cock here, but did you not for one second wonder why a Sports by Brooks thread might be on the first page today, and think, "Maybe I should look, like, three posts back to see if this tweet is already up?" Like, did you think it was coincidental that this thread was resurrected today?

I don't understand that lack of process.

TigerVols likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

My bad. I should have scrolled back. I didn't see the resurrected thread so I posted.

6. typefitter

It's all good. There are bigger problems, like the fact that my chest hair is turning grey, and the grey ones seem to grow at a freakish, mutant rate, and I'll wake up with a foot-long chest hair out of nowhere, and what the fuck am I supposed to do with that?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Check back with us when your pubes are Yeti-like.

8. CD Boogie

Another problem: you misspelled gray

9. typefitter

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Grey Goose or Gray Goose?

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It was a lot more about Pearlman, I suspect, than the story.

Most things involving that writer tend to be.

12. CD Boogie

Draft saved Draft deleted