1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter in Asheboro, N.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Dennis Garcia, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Dennis Garcia

Dennis Garcia New Member

The Courier-Tribune is looking for a full-time sports reporter for an 8-10,000 circulation newspaper. The Courier-Tribune is a six-day-a-week newspaper (no Monday) located in the middle of the state. Our priority is the eight high schools in our county, but our location offers the opportunity to cover the Carolina Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes and ACC schools North Carolina, N.C. State, Duke and Wake Forest. This is a very good opportunity for someone out of college or someone looking to widen their sports writing/editing/layout experience.
    If interested, send contact information and any clips to dgarcia@courier-tribune.com or sports@courier-tribune.com. Or you may call Sports Editor. Dennis Garcia at 336-626-6133

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Who is leaving?

Regardless, jump on this one, folks. Dennis is a top-notch editor and all-around class act.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Megan Crotty is leaving after 14 years to work for the local community college, Dennis is definitely top-notch. Great guy.

4. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Wow … Megan's leaving?

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yep. Came out of nowhere. Didn’t see that happening.

6. crottykid

crottykid New Member

Yes. I’m leaving. Feel free to DM me to discuss. No doubt we’ll find a great candidate on here.

7. SportsGuyBCK

On here?!?!? Yeah, right ... :D

8. crottykid

crottykid New Member

Aren't you going to apply? Hee hee.

9. SportsGuyBCK

I am PERFECTLY content where I am ... other than the occasional Cat 5 hurricane (or two) ... :D

crottykid likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted