1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I guess you're all right about me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 16, 2018.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

D&B shows PPV events?

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Lot of bars show PPV events.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So far, so good.
    Will need new tires soon but no complaints.

4. Smallpotatoes

If I had it to do over I would have watched it in a movie theater. There are too many distractions in a bar.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yeah if you want to just watch the fight a movie theater probably is ideal. But you can watch other games in between rounds
    and play video games at Dave and Busters also. Only been to a couple in NJ and NY. They should have the virtual golf
    and the virtual pitcher. Went to Jillians near Fenway about 20 years ago and that was fun. Is Jillians still there? Don't think
    there's any in NY or NJ.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Bailing secretly on a dude when you are there to watch the fight is a supreme asshole move. An asshole move of the highest order. If he was so unhappy with present company, he should have said, "I'm bailing. Talk to you later." But to leave unannounced? Fucking lame.

Also, i am with @3octave fart. We haven't seen each other in years? I don't want to hear about your fucking cancer all night. Especially if it's cured. It's a mood killer. Women do that shit, and can talk about it all night. If I haven't seen you in five years, I would be as follows:
    "You got cancer? Wow. And now its in submission? Great news. Do you like medium or hot chicken wings?"

My stepson, who I have mentioned occasionally here, is 32. When he was about 15 or 16, around family dinner, we were talking and I asked, "You never mention anything you have questions about, or want to talk about". He replied, matter-of-factly, and without anger or sarcasm, "You don't bother me with your problems, and I won't bother you with mine." Sage advice for a young man, and it holds true for all men.

Fuck this cocksucker. I hate him. You're better off watching the fight with strangers, SP.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

So, did the guy actually say the cancer was in remission or that he beat it? I didn't see that in the initial post.

Did he stick you with the tab?

How long were you guys at this place before he bailed?

A guy bailing on another guy without at least saying 'Dude, you suck. I'm outta here.' is really lame.

However, I suspect there is a lot to this entire scenario that we are not getting.

8. Smallpotatoes

Maybe an hour, hour and a half. no, he didn't stick me with the tab. He had one beer. I had a soda. He paid for both. I don't drink at all if I'm driving.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

If he mentioned that he had prostate cancer and your only response was that your father had it and one of your younger brothers was checked for it without you offering some sympathy or congratulations on recovery, I could see how he would consider you to be self-absorbed. That's making his ailment about you.

But to just leave in bullshit. He could have lied and said he wasn't feeling well, or just told you the truth. Don't just bail like that.

OscarMadison and PaperDoll like this.
  10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Ghosting is for teenagers.

11. Smallpotatoes

Yes, it's still there.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

SP: Your friend is a bitch.
    You met to watch a fight.
    Not the time or the place to tell someone they have cancer.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted