1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#MeToo 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, May 7, 2018.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

How is it different in other parts of history or the globe where the "world" wasn't built by white heterosexual men? I'm curious. Is there a society that got it right, and we need to tune back into that?

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know of any societies where men (of any colour) didn't run things. Not saying they don't exist, just that I don't know.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just the facts ma am and HC like this.
  4. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

I appreciate this place where someone can express their unpopular opinions without getting insta-banned. I am not trying to be morally superior. I have lusted in my heart for some women subordinates when I was a boss. The line then (early 80's) was you could flirt, you could joke but you could not trade sex for employment benefits. There were a few male bosses that crossed this line. Also (this is only my personal experience) there were a few female subordinates who willingly traded sex with their bosses for employment benefits.

5. Just the facts ma am

I am a big fan of white hetrosexual culture. Indoor plumbing. Building codes. Good government.

My parents raised me to be as white as possible in order to advance in America and for the most part it has served me well in terms of employment and economic security.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Let's all have a round of applause for this fucking hero.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I hope this is satire.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, at least you aren't trying. Your failure would be even more embarrassing if you were trying.

By the way, that second example? It's still sexual harassment if the guy made the offer first, even if she went along with it.

9. Just the facts ma am

thanks guys :)

10. Just the facts ma am

Am I the only "non-white" person here whose parents taught them that using proper english, hard work and education were the keys to workplace success?

Am I the only person to notice in several workplaces that there were women who used sex as a career advancement tool and while the men that used them were occasionally punished, the women never suffered negative consequences?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You're "non-white?"

12. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I am Hispanic.

Draft saved Draft deleted