1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Le Batard takes a knee ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Slacker, Sep 13, 2018.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

“He’s covering me like an athlete who just signed a four-year extension,” an astonished Le Batard said, burying his tomato-red face in his hands. “He wants his clicks. He will sacrifice anything to get his clicks, including what used to be our friendship.”

No Dan, you egotisal microdick. He’s covering you like a low rent J. Howard Marshall. They’re laughing at you, not congratulating you.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who is laughing at him and why?

3. heyabbott

Cote’s readers because Dan has an unreasonably high opinion of his place in the media

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You don't get the show.

Jake_Taylor, Hermes, JC and 1 other person like this.
  5. heyabbott

I guess I don’t. I have given it multiple tries. He’s playing multidimensional chess and I’m playing Chinese checkers.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He’s. That. Guy!

7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

@Sea Bass Hey! :)

Sea Bass likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He doesn’t, but it also isn’t worth getting. Dan wears me out.

Tweener likes this.
  9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really enjoyed it for a while but haven't listened in at least a year. I like Dan but the show is endlessly self-referential and that wears very thin after a few months.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Then why I have been here for almost 16 years?

On second thought, don't answer that. There is no answer that won't hurt me.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Dan is the eighth most interesting person on that show. He knows it and has cultivated a troupe that allows him to coast. That’s the dream really.

Thst said, the show is on its way back down from its heights a couple years ago.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

There's interesting people on that show? Probably watched it less than 10 times, and must have missed its heights.
    Times I've watched Papi sounds like a babbling, incoherent old man and stugots sounds like a dope.

Draft saved Draft deleted