1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 2 2018: Jets Super Bowl march continues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Minnesota-GB looks to be the highlight of NFC games.
    KC has to feel good coming into Pittsburgh. Probably won't feel too good coming out though.
    Pats-Jags rematch. Bet this one is not as close.
    SN snoozer ....
    Bears in primetime again?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My big revelation from Week 1 was how goddamn hard Patrick Mahomes throws the ball. For some reason I really wasn't expecting that.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not as confident about the Steelers at home against the Chiefs. Roethlisberger is off to another lousy start, just like last season. He was out of sync on many plays and forcing the ball to Brown. Also, the defense got a lot of help from the weather Sunday and they may be without Joe Haden. His hamstring strain is minor, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him miss this week. There is a big dropoff without Haden in that secondary.

To carry something over from the Week 1 thread, the Panthers are once again losing tight end Greg Olsen to a broken foot.

Panthers' Olsen re-fractured foot against Dallas

I speak from experience when I say foot injuries are a bitch. That could definitely ruin a big chunk of Olsen's season again.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The big question is who starts the Bills home opener: Peterman or Allen. We know Peterman won't finish the game, but this board needs him to play for the comic relief he provides.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    amraeder and LongTimeListener like this.
  5. outofplace

I thought that was the big selling point out of college, that he had a ridiculous arm. The real question is how quickly the rest of his game will come together. So far, it is happening very quickly.

6. LongTimeListener

As @PCLoadLetter noted, it has taken on a life of its own. I didn't know who Nathan Peterman was before that start last season. Now I can't imagine the NFL without him.

7. Has anyone signed Landry Jones?

Have Bills tried to sign another QB?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

People talk about his five picks against the Chargers last year, or his disaster this past sunday. People forget he managed to throw one interception in three passes in the playoff game last year.

He has a 2:8 career TD:INT ratio

9. outofplace

Jones remains unsigned. He is better than Peterman, but that doesn't take much.

10. LongTimeListener

@Songbird deserves contributor credit. None of us would be talking about Peterman today if we hadn't had an extended debate regarding whether the first interception was his fault.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It wasn't his fault. For all we know he could have 29 TDs and 2 picks had that first drive continued without the receiving fucking it up. Suck it!

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's the same way people say Lee Evans "dropped" the pass in the end zone.

He didn't fucking drop it. Perfect pass and then perfect play by the DB who knocked it down at the exact perfect moment.

But Evans didn't fucking drop it. Suck it!

Draft saved Draft deleted