1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1: Eagles defend their SB championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 4, 2018.

1. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

I'm in general agreement with you here, but I think you might have slighted Drew Brees, who comes off as fairly thoughtful and intelligent from what I've seen.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The flag on Myles Garrett for the push in the back as the Browns intercepted the ball with a minute to go in OT..... I can't even..... I just can't believe how dumb football players are. Good god.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It was a pickem. Not sure why it would be surprising.

4. poindexter

I wasn't clear. I watched a lot of that game, the nature and one sidedness of the victory were pretty surprising to me.

JC likes this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Does that mean automaton?

6. poindexter

[​IMG]

The Chargers situation at Stubhub can only be ignored by the NFL for so long. This is incredibly embarrassing for the franchise, and the league. I am loving every second of it.

Someone explain to me how the LA Chargers are going to sell PSLs. I am all ears.

7. poindexter

Yes, voice to text can be wonky at times. I didn't go back and fix.

8. poindexter

He's getting his ass handed to him in the diamond investing arena. Weird.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It probably will be a fine, but to be fair to Davis, he did try to lead with the shoulder.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It does, because neither team deserved to win.

I do not understand how the officials missed the peel-back block. It was right by the quarterback, who had the ball, but with nobody else close enough to obscure the view and it sure looked like a textbook example of the rule.

The first turnover by Davis that was called back, the interception, was a good call. Edmunds did hold the receiver. The second one was awful.

The problem with the balls is why I find Tomlin's late-game coaching so frustrating. Playing for a 42-yard field goal in that mess was idiotic. I understand that they had a bunch of turnovers, but you still have to trust Roethlisberger in that situation to try to get at least 10 more yards.

11. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Oh no...

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

For many years in San Diego, that was the ninth home game for KC, especially if late in the year. Good to see that isn’t changing.

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted