1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Bush thing was a nice moment in a sad situation. Again, I understand why the charm of it escapes you. You need to demonize anyone who dares to disagree with you, just like President Trump. Some of us can understand that Bush was both a lousy president and a decent person. Such nuance is beyond you.

When people criticize you for supporting President Trump, it isn't extortion. It is accountability, yet another concept you can't seem to grasp. President Trump isn't setting much of an example for you there, either.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. outofplace

Refusing to even have a vote was an unprecedented and gutless. Nothing in that link changes it.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At the time, filibusters against Bush43's appellate court nominees were unprecedented, also. And gutless, I suppose.

As I said, a party will use whatever weapon is at its disposal.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Why aren't you wondering about Obama also being invited and why trump wasn't?

Why Obama and not trump? Bush would fall into your idea of letting the past go and coming together, so no surprise Bush was there, isn't the bigger question Obama and trump?

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Democrats have received more popular votes than Republicans in the 1992, 1996, 2000, 2008, 2012 and 2016 presidential elections.

Yet their "message doesn't sell with voters?" Another Trumpie avoiding the facts. How unusual.

You can't gerrymander the country.

PS: T rump won't be invited to speak at my funeral service either, a detail I will be sure to have included in my obit when the time comes.

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Oh no...and just a few posts after no less!

7. outofplace

The Republicans have the current low. If the Democrats find a way to lower the bar further in the future, you are welcome to bring this up again.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because they're the ones with the majorities.

Can't lower the bar until you gain majorities.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Politically, it was actually quite gutsy.

The Dems were expected to win the presidency, and pick up the Senate. This likely would have resulted in an even more liberal justice being nominated by President Clinton.

It risked putting more Republican seats at risk, of voters punished Republicans for denying him a vote.

The safer move would have been to confirm Garland.

But, it turned out, voters wanted Donald Trump to make the choice, and rewarded the Senate leader for taking such a risky step.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL. You're trolling hard in hopes of locking the thread.

lakefront likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s just the total dishonesty and gutless behavior of conservatives. It’s a total money grab. They are not really disguising it anymore. How fucking greedy are you when evangelicals republicans and conservatives literally want to take medicine from children in order to buy toys for themselves.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Bush was a terrible president. He wasn't a racist, illiterate mobster. Trump is so awful, he's made people wish for Bush again. That's how bad he is. And you carry water for him every day. You spend hours of every day of your life online, trolling and dishonestly arguing the merits of the worst president in history.

You can call me whatever names you like. I feel fine about myself, thanks in part to you, the way Trump helps every other president, living or dead. No matter their own sins, the comparison flatters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.