1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This part in bold is a lie. You are making things up again. The refusal to even vote on Garland was gutless and unprecedented. Claiming the other side would have done the same is dishonest. It is the latest of many attempts on your part to claim that the other side is just as corrupt as yours because you know your guys are wrong.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

You made a stupid comparison. A funeral is where people go to honor the dead. A campaign is all about political advantage. They are incredibly different situations and even you know that. You are playing dumb. Calling you on that isn't cowardly.

The cowardly thing is the way you run when things get tough. You were posting away in your safe space while you hid from this thread.

lakefront likes this.
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter, @YankeeFan. Time will prove who you are and what you have been. You will have to live with that. Shame is a tough road.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Of course they're different. But, GWB didn't just go to McCain's funeral to honor him. He was asked by McCain to eulogize him.

McCain gave Bush a place of honor at his won funeral.

I'm still not sure why we think that's gracious and wonderful, but we think it's humiliating for Cruz to seek Trump's assistance on the campaign trail.

That's the kind of transactional event we see all the time in politics. There are hundreds of examples of political rivals, who said nasty things about each other, coming together for political reasons.

I have a harder time trying to reconcile why McCain, who couldn't bring himself to allow his former campaign managers to attend his funeral, wanted George W. Bush to participate in his funeral service.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's a wonderfully insightful comment.

Democrats can't win on issues. They often try to soft pedal their own position on issues, knowing how unpopular they are with voters.

And, so this new tactic is to try to "shame" folks who voted for Trump, and shame people away from supporting him.

Why? So, a blowhard, Canadian, profiler of celebrities will view me favorably?

Let's be honest. You're a dick, who would view me unfavorably, even if I was overcome with shame, and decided to vote for Elizabeth Warren in 2020.

It's not even a legitimate offer: change, or I will find you shameful!

And, anyone who chases after the acceptance of such emotional extortionists is a fool.

It's especially funny that the funeral of a "war monger" who supported military intervention in every corner of the globe is an opportunity for pacifist liberals, who don't see the point in defending Western values, to try to draw a distinction to Trump, who has no appetite for military adventurism.

Supporting the neocons to own Trump!

Great job guys. Somewhere, Buckweaver is gushing about how cute it was to see George W. Bush pass a piece of candy to Michelle Obama.

It's funny that folks want to rehabilitate Bush and McCain to attack Trump, but this is all just an escalation of the same rhetoric that was used during the Bush years, and some of us haven't forgotten that.

The same crap was trotted out here, back then:

That's the sort of bullying I deplore, practiced the kind of tough-talking cowards who have run this country into the ditch the past eight years and I have seen you defend many times.

Jones/ESPNMAG

But, now, it's ok to love cuddly George Bush.

Forgive me if I don't buy any of this bullshit, and refuse to feel shame, at your request.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Songbird, SpeedTchr and BTExpress like this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I guess I can't really blame him. At some point he realized he needed the Trump voters more than they needed him.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

No such worries with Trump, at least. He'll bring his own daughter!

[​IMG]

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That way, it will be harder for people to know whether or not their president is a crook.

10. outofplace

Actually, I hadn't commented on Cruz. You're assuming facts not in evidence to sell your point. You really should try accuracy and integrity, just as a change of pace.

Also, it was his own funeral, not his won funeral.

I do get why McCain's gesture toward Bush is so confusing for you. Treating rivals with honor is something you don't understand. Treating them well without some political gain is beyond you.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The other poster said "child sexual assault", you responded to it with McCaskills video. You compared the two.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm sure you'll insist "IT'S DIFFERENT!!!!!!", but . . .

Opinion | Democrats have only themselves to blame for their judicial predicament

What's dishonest is claiming that "your" side --- whatever side that may be --- is "above" anything. They're not.

Because of timing and party majorities/minorities, some weapons aren't always available all the time. But either side will use ANY weapon at its disposal to get what it wants.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.