1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

That’s why I quit going to college games
    Driving time, tailgating or restaurant time and game time take up a whole day
    So much easier to watch on TV though atmosphere is the reason to go to college games

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The sport is more popular than ever if you count total viewers on any given weekend. But I think attendance is going to keep declining because of the options and the game length. I think halftime was increased from 15 minutes to 20 a couple of years ago.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Bartoo, a former consumer finance data guy and sports-talk regular whose Matrix Analytic Solutions does statistical consulting for both broadcasters and schools.

. . .

But if you do like to gamble, consider this: Bovada’s over/under for Texas wins this year is 8.5. “I will take the over on Texas all day long,” says Bartoo. “I think they’re going to finish in the top 25 and be 9-3 or better. I actually think they’re going to win ten games, and it’s possible for eleven."

This article might not end up being posted on the company website.

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

BUY GOLD!!! SELL EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Well, I’ve been a proponent of taking Nebraska and Iowa State on the under win total.

Didn’t think they’d still be at zero. Thank you, Weather.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jeff Feagles' kid is the Miami punter? I am so old. My rookie year on the Pats beat rookie punter Feagles was one of my first (and favorite) stories.

8. Michael_ Gee

Miami is last year's fraud carried over. They'll beat hell out of BC and Wake, though.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The U is back! Turnover Chain!
    If you lose to a team that is so poorly coached that it exhausts all first-half time outs in the first 12 minutes, you are a fraud.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I love seeing Miami lose. I must be a terrible person.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wear recycled garbage, play like garbage.

12. Michael_ Gee

We must also consider the possibility LSU is very good. Every time they show the coach on the sideline I doubt it, but it is one explanation for this farce I just turned off.

Draft saved Draft deleted