1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I didn't realize he/she was in that

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Hadn't seen Mississippi Burning in awhile. Didn't remember Frances McDormand in there, and probably didn't realize who Michael Rooker was the last time I watched it. Mr. Hackman is still a badass in this one.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the current generation that hasn't seen Gene Hackman in a new movie. There is simply nobody else like him. And to think he and Duval battled for roles most of their careers. I was truly lucky to see those two in their prime. I forgot Ermey was in Mississippi Burning.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Idris Elba was in the office. I'm sure I should have known that but I'm watching reruns and it finally dawned on me.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

One of these guys almost became the King of Wakanda.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Did some recon after my kids asked about some Pee Wee Herman stuff they saw on Netflix, and found out Benicio Del Toro made his big-screen debut in Big Top Pee Wee as the dog-faced boy.

[​IMG]

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jesse Plemons played Paul Walker's little brother in Varsity Blues.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I caught part of an episode of MASH. Andrew Dice Clay played a drunken marine who was injured driving a Jeep backward in a race.

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Adding on, Christopher Guest plays the young cop at the end who helps find Bronson.

10. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Jane Lynch was in The Fugitive....

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't believe I never put together than Ryan Hurst, who played Opie on Sons of Anarchy, also played Bertier in Remember the Titans.

By the way, he has been cast as the Whisperer Beta in the upcoming season of The Walking Dead.

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

On a music-related message board I frequent, someone started a thread on this music video that MTV ran sometime in the '80s. Ronnie Millsap was a well-known country-singer who tried to crossover with a song called "She Loves My Car." It was more of a pop-rock kind of song with some cameos from John Doe and Exene Cervenka of the band X, the guy who played Tattoo in "Fantasy Island" and erstwhile European bombshell Britt Ekland. It also had the usual cheeseball music-video cliches of scantily clad girls dancing around, a token black guy who was added just to do a few dance moves, and two Max Headroom look-alikes.

However, the star of the video was a hot brunette who took a joyride through SoCal during a bored car salesman's daydream. I did a little more research and found out that the hot chick would go on to be none other than Law and Order: SVU's Det. Benson, Mariska Hargitay, who at the time was a 20-year-old whose main claim to fame was being Jayne Mansfield's daughter.

Draft saved Draft deleted