1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame Football/Recruiting Reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Brandon McQuinn, Jun 28, 2018.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

My guess is someone 2-4 years in the business with some of that time having covered a D1 program.

2. mikevorel

mikevorel New Member

I'm the current Notre Dame football reporter at the Tribune, and I'm about to leave to cover the Seahawks for the Seattle Times. Our longtime recruiting reporter, Tyler James, is sliding into my vacant team role, hence the opening. I can't speak highly enough of the crew here. If anybody has questions about the job, send me a message and I'll answer them.

MiamiBoy likes this.
  3. MSUgrad

MSUgrad Member

Updates? Anyone?

4. AndrettiSJ

AndrettiSJ Member

I haven't heard anything as of this afternoon.

5. MSUgrad

MSUgrad Member

Good to know.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I'm out. But I was never in to begin with.

7. TexasVet

TexasVet Active Member

They're praying for Touchdown Jesus to deliver the right writer to right the Fighting Irish.

8. HockeyBeat

HockeyBeat New Member

Any updates on this position?

9. Writer

Writer Member

I saw this position got filled today by some college graduate. Is that what this has really come to? Hiring inexperienced 21-year-olds that are average instead of experienced writers.

10. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

It's frustrating. I don't have the most experience but I have a few years of experience at a daily newspaper and took some time away from reporting, and when I apply to positions like these, I don't hear anything back. Oh well.

Writer likes this.
  11. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Yes. This his how it is. Twenty-one year olds are cheap. That matters more than ever in this industry.

12. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

25-year-olds also are cheap (if they want to be sports writers).

Draft saved Draft deleted