1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which sport has the worst fans?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Aug 12, 2018.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Realistically I think it's football and it's probably not close... but after hearing "GET IN THE HOLE!!!" on every goddamn tee shot on the back nine today, it seems like golf is at least in the discussion.

Tweener likes this.
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

College or NFL?

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Take your pick.

I'll go with NFL, because I find blind, rabid allegiance to a corporation to be slightly creepier than it is to a school. It can go either way, though.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is MMA a sport? Because that's the hands-down, UConn-women-dynasty-level winner.

Pro football is a distant second.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Golf fans are upper middle class douches who really need to tell you about the beer they had with a guy who works for a company that makes those fasteners on airplane seat trays. They're awful but they don't rise to the level of the football fan. Football fans (the hardcore put on a costume to games and whose lives are planned around the next game fan) are horrendous and violent Neanderthals. One-on-one MMA fan may be worse, but football fan has numbers.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

NASCAR. Hands down.
    In no other sport do black people have to face Confederate flags on a regular basis nationwide. NASCAR has made token, half-hearted attempts but has only asked their fans to stop bringing them. No requirements. Gotta play to the base.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Yankees, duh.

Oh, wait.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Liked because of the callback, not necessarily the sentiment.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Rowing.

And CrossFit.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

American politics.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

S-E-C!
    S-E-C!
    S-E-C!

*Edit: Just read the nationwide part

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Football was the first to pop up in my mind, mainly because I know those fans usually spend at least 2-3 hours in the parking lot getting liquored up, leading to some bad behavior during the game.

Good points made on NASCAR and MMA, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted