1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Sinner was good - great work by Bill Pullman, though I get the sense that there were some needed elements in the book its based on that didn't make the tv script. It's one of those shows that draws you in in the first couple of episodes and at the end, you are kind of underwhelmed how it played out - expecting there to be more to it.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Anybody check out Lodge 49 after Better Call Saul? The New Yorker referenced Pynchon in its review.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Succession finale was really good. Everything was over the top and implausible, but an enjoyable ride for the season.

Cosmo likes this.
  4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Looking for a very entertaining thriller/police drama? Check out The Tunnel.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Or watch the original it's based on ... "Bron" (The Bridge). I admit to being slightly obsessed (as witness my avatar).

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My wife and I have been watching. It's good, but my wife is getting frustrated.

On my own, I started watching the Lost in Space reboot on Neflix. It's not bad.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched the Steve Martin/Martin Short special on Netflix. It was fun, about exactly what you would expect. You get the sense they would be doing it a retirement resort or cruise line, because neither is hurting for bread.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Don't know why it took so long but started binging "Parks and Recreation"; damn that show is as LOL as anything I've watched in a long time. Poehler is brilliant (I've always enjoyed her movies).

Wenders, sgreenwell and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Poehler. Never watched the show but have been told I'd love it. This might be the next thing on my list.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The first season wasn't great, but it was cut to six episodes due to the writer's strike. Very similar to Breaking Bad in that regard. Really ramps up in season 2. Tremendous show.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think they also tried to hard to duplicate The Office formula in the first five or so episodes. Once they let them be their own characters it got really good in a hury.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Amy Poehler was the only recognizable name when that show started.

I don’t think any of the Office were known when it started.

That’s pretty crazy when you think about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted