1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

The whole Maggie vs. Rick storyline is going to be hard to pull off if neither is on the show at all next season.

Also, a sarcastic shrug of the shoulders if the Walking Dead really thinks that Daryl can be a character they revolve the show around. Best of luck, guys.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Here is the full trailer.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trailer looks good. But all trailers look good.

I'm on one-week contracts with the show for now. Likely will watch Season 9. But if it goes bad, I'm ready to bail.

StaggerLee likes this.
  5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Me too. Negan was the show's land war in south-east Asia. The storyline didn't work but they kept pouring time and viewer good will into it.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm only passingly familiar with the comics, but didn't the storyline there go the same way? There was a huge moment when Glenn was killed, and then the ultimate climax was just sort of Negan saying, "Oh wow, Rick, you're right! Let's not fight anymore!"

7. britwrit

No, it was basically Rick sparing Negan's life when he was down for the count, inspired by the memory of his dead son. Or some such.

This was after he'd ruthlessly killed a billion Negan flunkies and red shirts but before the remaining Negan flunkies said "Oh wow, Rick, you're right! Let's not fight anymore!"

8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much done with the show. I have a feeling next season it'll be one of those that gets piled up on my DVR and I never watch it. They just drag things out too long, and the Negan storyline is a prime example of it.

9. outofplace

Were they saying Rick was right or did they give up because they were losing?

10. britwrit

More of the latter, but some of the former. Andrew Lincoln looked even more sweaty than usual and even more frantic in this scene. Maybe that's what swayed them.

11. outofplace

12. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

I am glad the gas question is finally being answered. That has driven me crazy the past few seasons.

Draft saved Draft deleted