1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMZ: Demi Lovato overdosed on smack (or was it?)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Demi Lovato ‘Drug Overdose’: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Demi Lovato has been hospitalized after suffering an “apparent” heroin overdose, reports TMZ. The TMZ report says that Lovato was rushed to Los Angeles hospital from her home in the Hollywood Hills at around noon local time. There is no word on her condition. Former TMZ reporter Anthony Dominic tweeted that he has been “told that people close to Demi are saying it’s not heroin.” TMZ later reported that Lovato was being treated with Narcan aka Naloxon Hydrochloride. The drug is commonly used to block the effects of opioids, especially in cases of overdose.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'll bet it was fentanyl. She could have even been doing coke that was cut with fentanyl.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

So was this thread title changed without posting a link to the potential change? That’s a new one.

This brings up an entirely new conversation Mrs. Gator and I had tonight: Knowing the track record of kid stars, would you champion the talent, or apparent talent, of your child, considering the potential consequences? I’m sure it’s easy to say you’d monitor your child, but the demands are, I’m guessing, excruciating. I’m good with my kids growing up in a rather normal environment.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But you might cost your kid a scholarship, er, leading role!

OscarMadison and Gator like this.
  5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The local paper will do that.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Haley Joel Osment, of all
    people, was on the LeBatard show recently discussing childhood stardom and was pretty adamant that if parents do two things, it can turn out fine: make sure the kid is never alone with anyone at at any time and make sure the kid always has the option of quitting when it’s no longer fun.

I’d imagine music stars would encounter a bunch of problems that even actors don’t, however, given the incessant grind of a tour.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, it's the original thread title with the original link.

Gator likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don’t know Demi Lovato from Demi Moore.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

"I don't know much, but [I know Demi Moore (smoky voice purring) from Demi Lovato]...."

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You don’t have kids who ever watched Disney Channel? Or Frozen?

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Or Barney?

(Her first role. True dat)

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sad stuff. Hard for pop stars to kick loose of it. Makes Beyonce and Taylor Swift all the more impressive, when you think about it. Neither have been ensnared by addiction, best I know.

Draft saved Draft deleted