1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB 2018 regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Durocher said pretty much the same thing for years ... and then got voted in two years after he died.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And if a single was that easy they would take it, it’s not. They aren’t hitting off a tee.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That's more of what Carpenter said.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

The end of the A's-Astros game. I could cover kidball for the rest of my life and not see one quite like that.

cjericho likes this.
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Cool move, Giants

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The right guys win the fan vote: Segura and Aguilar added as All-Stars

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Good.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I think Segura is stellar. But nobody is better at SS than Simmons. Not even the guys who made it outright.

TigerVols likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So this is interesting.
    A couple of years ago, Bud Norris, then with the Astros, I believe, whined about the damned furrners and their celebrations. It's fine for them to come here and play "our American game," but they've got to do it the American way. A marvelous bit of Trumpist dog-whistling there.
    Now he's taking upon himself to stand up for old-time baseball values by harassing a rookie teammate all year about things such as being on time for meetings, etc. Said teammate happens to throw 100 mph and be, well, not white. Jealousy? Racism? Combo? Neither?
    https://deadspin.com/extremely-cardinals-report-mike-matheny-respects-bud-n-1827528307

12. HanSenSE

Diamondbacks, trailing 19-1 at Colorado, send a position player out to pitch. In the fourth inning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.