1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2018 World Cup running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jun 11, 2018.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Ahem.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

A-herm.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Don't forget who the "too" was in your response

typefitter likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The ESPN soccer panel show on ESPN 2 is hilarious. Three Brits, all with incomprehensible accents, who're the most crabbed, negative commentators I've ever heard. NOBODY in this World Cup is any good. England was shite, and only won matches it should have. One guy is arguing that despite having six goals, Harry Kane had a lousy tournament. They hate France and Croatia, too.

poindexter likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I really really didn't want England to win. This is a great day.

LA suburb San Pedro, a Croat enclave, is going crazy.

MileHigh likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

My son was trying to find a Croatian fan bar in New York. I'm sure there is more than one, but I don't know where.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Cafe Baltazar
    43-03 Broadway, Astoria, Queens

and there's a beer garden up the street for the overflow.

Studio Square NYC - HOME

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

There's only 4 mill in Croatia my buddy said, yet so many red/white here; stopped in a pizza pub with fam Sat on way home from vacation and about 20 cheering on Croatia v. Russia.

They were the better team in 2nd half; I only watched after about 60 mins, I hardly remember a serious threat by England thereafter whereas Croatia was all over it (how about the guy on rebound had wide open net from 6 ft and he hits it right to Pickford in middle?)

11. Michael_ Gee

After Croatia equalized, I swear England was trying to take the game to penalty kicks. They lost composure and any offensive idea at all.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I used to hang out there, drank a lot of beer there, ate a lot of fish & chips there, played a lot of darts there.
    England losing saved you from not being able to find a place to park, or getting within 3 blocks of the place.
    It will probably still be crowded for France-Croatia. The King's Head has become an international pub. Anything happening in the world, there are people there affected by it, and TV news crews are there to ask dumb questions.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted