1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio St. (and Rep Jim Jordan) has a molester Dr. problem

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Congressman Jordan never saw any abuse, never heard about any abuse, and never had any abuse reported to him during his time as a coach at Ohio State," he said in an email to NBC News.

<insert picture of the three monkeys here>

"Republican Congressman Jim Jordan, representing Ohio’s 4th district since 2007, served as assistant coach on the OSU wrestling team from 1986 to 1994, and after repeatedly and publicly denying that he knew anything about Strauss’s behavior, several of his former wrestlers tell NBC News that Jordan must have known all about Strauss’s abusive practices and turned a blind eye. They say it was “common knowledge” that Strauss would shower with the team even though he didn’t participate in workouts, and per an anonymous wrestler, “everybody used to snicker about how you go into his office for a sore shoulder and he tells you to take your pants down.” Jordan’s locker was next to Strauss’s and one former wrestler tells NBC that Jordan told Strauss “he’d kill him if he tried anything,” and that Jordan once confronted Strauss after an athlete told him that Strauss had molested him."

Powerful GOP politician accused of turning blind eye to sexual abuse at Ohio State

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I wonder if Coach Jordan had any reported to him.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Where can I buy stock in Crisis Actors Inc?

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Fuckin' Big Ten.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe instead of Leaders and Legends it should have been Diddlers and Enablers.

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I have said it before but as a University of Wisconsin grad I am ashamed of this fool. But to be fair, I assume there are many ashamed of me.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Lousy headline. Story says he confronted the perp. "Turning a blind eye" implies perpetual willful ignorance or inaction.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

It seems confusing to me. The email from Jordan (or his office) states: "Congressman Jordan never saw any abuse, never heard about any abuse, and never had any abuse reported to him during his time as a coach at Ohio State,". Yet in the excerpt we see this... Jordan’s locker was next to Strauss’s and one former wrestler tells NBC that Jordan told Strauss “he’d kill him if he tried anything,” and that Jordan once confronted Strauss after an athlete told him that Strauss had molested him." So he did know and did say something to the perv and is now lying or what?

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What this needs is an eyewitness account of the Jordan-perp confrontation.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There will be more to come. Post Larry Nassar, OSU pretty much has to get in front of this thing, because it's coming and it will only look worse if they don't.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What is it about wrestling coaches turned Congresscritters?

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What do you mean?

Draft saved Draft deleted