1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Malace in the Philippine Palace

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Spartan Squad, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Philippines and Australia throw down in a basketball world cup qualifying game. Milwaukee Bucks' Thon Maker was seen trying to kick people but the Philippine players certainly kicked some ass. Investigations are coming.

Mass brawl erupts in Australia, Philippines basketball game - CNN

A video of the melee.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hilarious. Jabbar >>> Maker in hoops and jump kicks

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That was pretty wild. Almost started to look like ECW Hall with someone getting hit by a chair.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

13B89F5F-8E75-4211-B4A2-027C5F637968.png

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I blame Vegemite.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Wasn’t shown well on camera, but I think the Aussie who got pulled from the pile late took some nasty headshots. They basically jumped him.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The slo-mo got me giggling pretty good, what with the Maker "flying leg kicks"...........just awkward to see someone 14'10 tall running around trying to kick things.......then the "punches" thrown by Blatch. What a pussy. He didn't want much to do with any of the bigger fellas, but we're gonna look for the one of the little white dudes that could be a doppleganger from someone from Men at Work.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That little bingo hall was called the ECW Arena, dammit! Show some class.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Does Andray Blatche have legit Filipino heritage or is he a mercenary? I know that league tends to draw Americans playing out the string.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There was no fourth quarter. It was halted with 1:53 left in the third and awarded to Australia via default. EDIT: I s'pose the third quarter is the last quarter then. Blarf.

franticscribe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted