1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Hey Wenders, it’s two hours again this week

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yes it is - which prompted me to ask what's with all of the double episodes?! Maybe they're trying to get it over with so they can have some show start in that slot mid-season?

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I think Survivor comes on in that spot when TAR ends after Olympics

4. Wenders

Next week is the finale! Because of the double episodes, this season feels way shorter than usual.

So first of all, obvs: strap your damn passport to your body on TAR. The end. Bye, Lucas and Brittany. Glad you got your ring, but I was sick of hearing about it.

So...Thailand. I wanna go so badly! But seriously, I can hunt for bullfrogs in the mud here in Texas. Who in their right mind would go slopping around when you can MEASURE AND RIDE AN ELEPHANT. IN THAILAND!!!! To hell with the better detour, I'd take the experience and possible elimination. Also, Jessica, you are actually THE WORST.

Alex and Conor might be a very difficult team to beat when it's all said and done. I think this is the longest one of my teams has stayed in in a very long time. Henry and Evan are lucky it was a non-elim leg.

Pool update:
    Wenders - Kristi & Jen 78
    Tigervols - Alex and Conor 74
    Huggy - Cody & Jessica 56
    WCIBN - Henry & Evan 52
    *nietsroob - Lucas & Brittany 35
    *WolvEagle - Trevor & Chris 29
    *WriteThinking - Eric & Daniel 24
    *Iron_Chet - Joey @ Tim 21
    *MTM - Cedric and Shawn 14
    *bumpy mcgee - April & Sarah 3
    *Dessie & Kayla 1
    *team has been eliminated

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Brittany took the lost passport way better than I expected. Maybe she saw that Lucas was beating himself up enough. I'm wondering how fast they were able to get the replacement and how much it cost. I seem to remember a team stuck in Russia for a few days some seasons back when they lost their passports.

I was glad Yale stayed in. This is a rare season where there is no team to hate, although as Wenders said, Jessica is getting really annoying.

I'm pulling for X games. They seem to have good attitudes and are really enjoying the experience,

6. Wenders

Hey all. Your fearless pool runner was on a well-deserved trip to New Orleans this week, so I was drinking hurricanes and eating crawfish with my parents all week, so I just got around to seeing the finale.

I'm bummed. I loved my team! They were strong! And seriously as far as the least-well liked people ever on the Race, Jessica has got to be up there. (Not as high as Victoria and Jonathan from season 7...but still annoying.)

Henry and Evan were very strong (and his knowledge of Chinese helped a lot on that detour in Hong Kong).

Also, I toured the USS Midway a few years ago and those aircraft carriers are fucking MASSIVE. I imagine they only had a very small section of it where they put the pieces. Trying to figure that out (although for me it would just be Ok, I have this for Iceland, this for France...) when you're so mentally exhausted would be so hard.

They need to do another All-Stars/Unfinished Business edition so my girls can come in and win some money. I wouldn't mind seeing Yale and Indy Car in there too. Just imagine: the last 10 or so seasons, if you can get one team that finished between 2-4 to run it, how much fun that would be.

Pool final results:
    Huggy - Cody & Jessica 83
    *Wenders - Kristi & Jen 81
    *Tigervols - Alex and Conor 75
    *WCIBN - Henry & Evan 57
    *nietsroob - Lucas & Brittany 35
    *WolvEagle - Trevor & Chris 29
    *WriteThinking - Eric & Daniel 24
    *Iron_Chet - Joey & Tim 21
    *MTM - Cedric and Shawn 14
    *bumpy mcgee - April & Sarah 3
    *Dessie & Kayla 1

Congrats @Huggy!!!!

TigerVols likes this.
  7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing this again, Wenders.

This was one of the best seasons ever. No one was really unlikable and there was not a lot of bickering among teammates.

The fact they were usually on the same flights kept it close so no team dominated and they frequently moved from first to last and vice versa.

How much crap did Evan give “Hen” when she saw he had the final challenge correct and he changed it out?

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Finally caught up to the 2 hour finale. Thought my Indy dudes were going to pull it out, then I was convinced Wenders’ squad would.

Evan was so annoying I was cheering against them.

Thank you Wenders for coordinating another season! :)

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Took us a while to get through the two-hour episodes due to my wife's crazy work schedule these days and my night in the video room at the NHL but I can't believe I won - again, (I think I won last season too)! I have also toured the Midway and the Intrepid in NYC and those carriers are enormous with millions of nooks and crannies. Not the most likeable team I have ever had but I will take it! Great season, thanks, Wenders for running it again and thanks to all who played.

And yes, Henry will be kicking his ass a million times over that mistake!

See ya next season!

10. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

11. Wenders

That fits but it's weird that they wouldn't have all of that permitting well before the Race started.

Also, per the TAR Instagram:
    "We are at the START of #AmazingRace and we wanted to let you in on a secret, for the first time ever we have alumni from #BigBrother #Survivor and #AmazingRace competing against each other in a reality clash! And as @philiminator put it, "it's going to be crazy time!""

I can't decide if this an All-Stars season or Unfinished Business or what.....

Also, expect the premiere to be at mid-season again. ARG CAN'T YOU DO MORE THAN ONE A YEAR CBS?!?!

Huggy likes this.
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Amazing Race Canada starts on Wednesday so us Canuckistanis can get a fix.

Wenders likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted