1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HQ Trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deskgrunt50, Jan 3, 2018.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Hall and Oates.

(It was multiple choice, which made it pretty easy - the other choices were Wham or the Eurythmics.)

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I got my virgin win on a special junior varsity 8 question game.
    $0.12, bitches!

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I was so pissed when I got that last question wrong. Picked Texas and immediately realized it was Alaska.

Anyone done the HQ Sports Trivia games? I've come close to winning, but haven't quite made it. The host is not great.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Looks like they've largely done away with afternoon games...I'm starting to wonder about HQ's long-term viability.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Especially if the "jackpot " is 12 cents.

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Lots of gimmicks to try to remain sticky as I never see more than a million playing. Could be a summer problem, too, which is the spin they’re using for the 3 p.m. hiatus.

I am enjoying HQ Sports. Mix of current events and the typical stuff.

Oh, I’ve reached the final question twice and lost, and probably Q11 another half dozen times. I’d say my average penetration is probably 8 or 9.

One of these days I’ll win a few pennies.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

(See bolded part above).

I call BS.

In engineering and physics, you are supposed to specify units.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

i tried it, but it's not worth 20 minutes of my life.

I might try the sports one.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My 12-year-old has gotten me into this, I can't complain because it's a way to spend a few minutes with her every night at an age where she's not exactly longing for her parents.

We haven't won yet and are piling up a few embarrassing misses. She read me a sports one in the car a week or so ago, it asked for the Toronto NHL team's nickname. She clicked "Maple Leaves" believing it to be grammatically correct. And you can't change your answer, which adds to the madness of it all.

One night the payout was $200-something, so there are occasionally opportunities to make real cash. But yeah, it's mostly silliness.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It never occurred to me that "Maple Leafs" was grammatically incorrect, but I guess it is. Should it be the Kansas City "Chieves" as well?

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

When are the sports ones?

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Silliness is good with 12-year-olds. Grab it as long as you can. :)

playthrough and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted