1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am going to throw out my "old man get off my lawn" card, and say I have been here since the beginning, and have seen a LOT of great posters come and go. I weep not for Dick or the end of this board. In my opinion, we will be fine. Just my opinion.

2. poindexter

I think Dick ALWAYS wanted to win arguments. It was paramount. See Ohtani, Shohei

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

One thing this board demonstrates, maybe more than anything else, is that we're all dispensable. It has survived hundreds if not thousands of sabbaticals and departures. It just keeps chugging along. It's pretty amazing.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I can keep up with this thread now, without falling 25 pages behind in a single afternoon.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Over well more than a decade we’ve all been assholes to each other countless times (except for HC and a select few others who possess some weird sort of grace). Sometimes apologies are offered in public or private. Some people can’t bring themselves to apologize for anything. Some people want/need to hold grudges. Well, that’s a microcosm of life. Accept what you want from whom you want.

I have PM conversations going with a number of people with whom insults and generally douchebaggery have been exchanged. I don’t need people to prostrate themselves if I think they’ve gone too far.

Granted, some people piss me off more than others. In those cases, I tend to make rash decisions that I eventually reverse (or apologize for) when I calm down. But if some people simply can’t take me, well, not every relationship was made to last.

Again, that’s life.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

And look what became of that guy.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Obama supported same-sex marriage starting in May 2012. So it's misleading to suggest he was opposed throughout the 2012 campaign.

9. tapintoamerica

Reminds me of the great Letterman quiz.
    If Gary Coleman and Ricky Schroeder were battling to the death with pool cues, who would win?
    A) Gary Coleman
    B) Ricky Schroeder
    C) Not sure, but it's worth a try.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"It's like in golf. A lot of people — I don't want this to sound trivial -- but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive. It's weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can't sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist."

After Roasting, Trump Reacts In Character

Also of note in that story..."A top aide, Michael Cohen, said he could still change his mind and nothing was official."

11. poindexter

What's weird to me is you guys arguing via PMs. I can be an asshole here on the message board, but to me the PMs were always a place where I felt the asshole persona always came off and I was myself (ie polite) on the pms.

Apparently for a lot of people, PMs are where the gloves come off.

Inky_Wretch and Stoney like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

Speculation rather than direct knowledge from sources about the increased probability of flipping. They'd better be right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.