1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

46163D67-8E47-40D3-8341-7CEC07E612BB.jpeg
    Sorry I can’t continue this right now, but I have to get to the gym.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Don't forget to do your fifty lashes while looking in the mirror with purpose and then PM @YankeeFan to tell him you're butthurt that I don't want to be your friend.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Saw LaMontagne last night. I was expecting a pretty mellow show. Instead, he rolls out with the guitarist from My Morning Jacket and they proceeded to play some down and dirty swamp blues for most of the night. They just killed it.

I was disappointed that he mostly played songs off his new album and didn't play any of his well-known songs like "You Are The Best Thing" or "Trouble." I get it, he's trying to drive sales. But walking out of the venue, just about everybody was griping that he didn't play this song or that song which was their favorite.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That just gets the trumpsters happy

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I agree with this completely.

Now's time for my completely worthless psychological profile of Dick and YankeeFan.

Dick *needs* this place. Dick, while apparently much accomplished in real life, has validation issues, and insecurity issues. He needs this place in order to validate whatever insecurities he has in his head. And it can't go without saying that he was a GREAT poster, found time to create interesting threads, with interesting angles. But he just couldn't always color within the lines of sj.com, however unfair one might think they are.

YankeeFan doesn't necessarily need sj.com, but this was a great outlet for his to execute his fucking bizarro obsessions with Hilary, Bill, the Kennedys, and whoever other democrats were out of line. He hated Obama just as much, and it just must have killed him that Obama was so squeaky clean. He can find some other message board to spew his Hillary crap.

Dick cared about his legacy and body of work here. Cared deeply. Yankee fan just needs an outlet to post his Hillary MS pictures, like the rest of us just need any old toilet a couple of times a day to offload excrement.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not about me or what I want. I don’t have to like someone’s politics or worldview to know that talking to them about a certain thing could be beneficial to learning about and helping someone close to me.

That was my goal in reaching out to you in the first place. I don’t care how many awards you’ve won or how successful you were. It does bother me that you so easily let your ego and petty political fights on a message board stop you from talking about my biggest issue. If that makes me whiny and selfish, so be it. I’m fine with that.

Did I go too far a time or two? Sure. I’m as flawed as the next guy. But I look at it as defending my son, not myself. Slag on me all you want. I’m a big boy. I can take it. Even deserve it at times.

Ultimately, though, I’m not wrapped up in my standing here or what anyone else thinks. If you ever want to talk autism, drop me a line. In the meantime, I’ll do my best not to be a dick. No promises, though.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You have forfeited any right to expect me to ever respond to you seriously with that edited quote. Get a life.

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This could be the end of Trump. :cool:

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Dick *needs* this place. Dick, while apparently much accomplished in real life, has validation issues, and insecurity issues. He needs this place in order to validate whatever insecurities he has in his head.

Hmmm.

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

“Michael Cohen only worked for the President for a short time, did a very limited amount of legal representation for him. Actually I think he just got him honey buns from the vending machine while Papadopolous fetched the coffee.”

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.