1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul Pierce...WTF

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by studthug12, May 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

So Paul Pierce is now an employee at ABC/ESPN and an analyst, whatever that means for most of them on that channel now, but he is at Cavs vs. Celtics Game 7....as?, well not really sure. He sits front row and trash talks LBJ.

Pierce talks trash

Then, after LBJ and Cavs win, he goes on SportsCenter to analyze the game, like nothing happened? WTF. Not sure what ESPN thinks the advantage of this is? Or maybe they think no one notices? But that to me just lacks credibility. It's up there with bringing in people that were there like Wilbon at the Cubs game.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Since when has credibility mattered over there?

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It’s ESPN...

4. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Yeah I get that but WTF. I have never seen an analyst talk sh** to someone playing a game and come on ESPN like it's no big deal. For instance never seen Jalen Rose go to a Pacers game being a former Pacer and get in LBJ's ear and then come on the air like nothing happened.

5. Charles Barkley's run down of Draymond Green isn't much of a stretch.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I imagine ESPN thinks it more credible, more authentic, more real.

studthug12 likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

ESPN hires new analyist for Wizards games:

[​IMG]

8. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Forgot the accurate one...more bullshit.

Next ESPN will mic up an analyst to talk shit to the opposing star. SVP interviews him after, "Did you think you'd have more success throwing LBJ off his game to help the Celtics win tonight, Paul?" Listen here, SVP...

9. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

He's been an employee since September.

Paul Pierce joins ESPN as NBA studio analyst

10. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I know he's been there a while, I just meant like currently when I said is now. Meaning next step in career...why it shocked me he can go sit front row and talk shit to LeBron in a Game 7 or any game really.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Nothing new here as long as TV has been foisting ex-jocks on viewers.

Draft saved Draft deleted