1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Starbucks thing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 18, 2018.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In the R _ _ u - esque Facebook response/explanation, it was noted that locking the doors is prohibited by local fire code. So while that might work in some places, apparently it wasn't an option here.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The line has to be drawn somewhere.

I was in line for a half-hour with my kids to see Santa last year, and when we were about four people away, a guy came through and said Santa was going on break after two more people.

People directly in front of me AND a dozen spots behind me started yelling and complaining about why he couldn’t see “a few” more people before his break.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Happened to us at Sainte-Chapelle in Paris.

4. YankeeFan

It looks like they didn't serve the two white women who walked in at 9:04.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The guy should have jus yelled out that there was no such thing as Santa and really made the parents happy.

6. doctorquant

Oh great, now we're gonna have to hear all about your three town-homes.

#humblebrag

7. doctorquant

This "conversation" would be more productive if the people who've never been denied service at a Starbucks simply sit back and listen for awhile.

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I took it to mean they closed the line after those women. Reads to me like they were served.

Different situation. If you were the only other people in line, I’m sure they would have extended it.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sure it did...

LongTimeListener and YankeeFan like this.
  10. YankeeFan

Yeah, you might be right.

She doesn't specifically say, but reading it again, I think you're right.

At first, I thought she was trying to point out that Lillian wasn't the first customer turned away.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

My local Taco Bell closes at 9:30 p.m., which means you're really taking a chance of them not serving you if you roll up any time after about 9:10.

I wish I could quit in protest of that poorly run establishment staffed with lazy bums, but naked chicken chalupas....

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Put someone by the door, then, to politely turn away stragglers. This ain't rocket surgery.

Draft saved Draft deleted