1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Aaron Schlossberg Incident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, May 17, 2018.

1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I am out of the loop but do people still do coke? That seems so yesterday to me.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Are you saying people want a new drug?

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not as many as the good, old 80s but it’s still out there. Have an ex friend who was a lawyer in Philadelphia who went to rehab for it. His argumentative mood swings made it obvious when he was using.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Oh yeah!

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

There is an actual coke epidemic in my little town. Bars have started putting weird lights in bathrooms so you can't see rails on top of the toilet. Several marriages have broken up over it. I have literally never seen coke in my life, but apparently half the parents I see in the schoolyard every day are massive fucking cokeheads. It's mind boggling.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cuz there's nothing fucking like it.

JC and CD Boogie like this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There is a "Latin-themed" party scheduled for outside of his apartment on the Upper West side, between 4:30 and 8 today.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Hey, some of us use good old wholesome, clean manic depression to get that way.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm similar in having not got out much. Once, when I was a sportswriter, a sportswriter friend to me to a party some of his college pals were having. This was in some rat-trap of a house near downtown Atlanta. I was in my element at the sight of the several beer kegs on the porch ... but when the hosts informed me that "The coke room is down the hallway, first room on the left" I thought, "Hmmmm, I don't know as I've been around such. I think I will keep myself here near the porch!"

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You sure it’s not meth?

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

My town is classy. It's coke.

Huggy and Slacker like this.
  12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

But that’s why you buy a vial and a coke spoon so you don’t have to do lines off toilet backs. Rookies

Draft saved Draft deleted