1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Daily Dispatch, Henderson, N.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ondeadline, Apr 27, 2018.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Warning: Paxton

Sports Editor - The Daily Dispatch/Henderson, NC
    The Daily Dispatch, a 5,800 print circulation newspaper published six days a week, is seeking a sports editor. The sports editor is responsible for covering high school sports and other athletic events in Granville, Vance and Warren counties. The candidate we are seeking will be able to manage the sports budget each day, work with our design hub on special sections and ensure we have photos planned for each day's section. She or he needs to have some photography skills, strong writing abilities and solid news judgment. We are located in Henderson, North Carolina, which is about 45 minutes north of Raleigh and Durham. Please email resume and cover letter to news@hendersondispatch.com.

2. CentralPaGuy

CentralPaGuy New Member

Any update on this one?

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My uncle once was the mayor of that town. That's all I got.

4. mn67

mn67 New Member

I was told on Friday that this had been filled. Not sure who got the job.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, c'mon. You don't want out of central Pennsylvania. It's coming into its own journalistically.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The sports editor is Brandon White.

Draft saved Draft deleted